- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met53-Leu214
- FUSION TAG: N-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 17.9 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of PBS, pH 7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRDX5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Peroxiredoxin-5, PRDX5, Alu corepressor 1, Antioxidant enzyme B166, AOEB166, Liver tissue 2D-page spot 71B, PLP, Peroxiredoxin V, Prx-V, Peroxisomal antioxidant enzyme, TPx type VI, Thioredoxin peroxidase PMP20, Thioredoxin reductase
- Protein Accession Number: P30044
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25824
- Peroxisomes are essential organelles that participate in multiple important metabolic processes, including the beta -oxidation of fatty acids, plasmalogen synthesis, and the metabolism of reactive oxygen species (ROS). Peroxiredoxins is overexpressed in breast cancer tissues to a great extent suggesting that they has a proliferative effect and may be related to cancer development or progression. Peroxiredoxin 5 (PRDX5) is a thioredoxin peroxidase that belongs to the atypical 2-Cys class of the TSA/ahpC family of peroxiredoxins. PRDX5 is a widely expressed mitochondrial antioxidant enzyme that reduces hydrogen peroxide, alkyl hydroperoxides, and peroxynitrite. In human cells, this enzyme is present in the cytosol, mitochondria, peroxisomes, and nucleus.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-585
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.