- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met1-Lys199
- FUSION TAG: N, C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 25.3 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of PBS, 10% glycerol, 0.1mM DTT,pH 6.0. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRDX1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Peroxiredoxin-1, Natural killer cell-enhancing factor A, NKEF-A, Proliferation-associated gene protein, PAG, Thioredoxin peroxidase 2, Thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase 2, PAGA, PAGB, TDPX2, PRDX1
- Protein Accession Number: Q06830
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 767920419
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5052
- Peroxiredoxin-1(PRDX1) contains 1 thioredoxin domain and belongs to the AhpC/TSA family. PRDX1 constitutively expressed in most human cells and it is induced to higher levels upon serum stimulation in untransformed and transformed cells. PRDX1 is involved in redox regulation of the cell. It reduces peroxides with reducing equivalents provided through the thioredoxin system but not from glutaredoxin and play an important role in eliminating peroxides generated during metabolism. PRDX1 might participate in the signaling cascades of growth factors and tumor necrosis factor-alpha by regulating the intracellular concentrations of H2O2. It reduces an intramolecular disulfide bond in GDPD5 that gates the ability to GDPD5 to drive postmitotic motor neuron differentiation. It may contribute to the antiviral activity of CD8(+) T-cells and have a proliferative effect in cancer development or progression.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-274
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.