- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This PERK antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 148-175 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human PERK.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 125 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EIF2AK3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2-alpha kinase 3, PRKR-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase, Pancreatic eIF2-alpha kinase, HsPEK, EIF2AK3, PEK, PERK
- Protein Accession Number: Q9NZJ5
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 296439367
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9451
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PERK, a member of the GCN2 subfamily of Ser/Thr protein kinases, phosphorylates the alpha subunit of eukaryotic translation-initiation factor 2 (EIF2), leading to its inactivation and thus to a rapid reduction of translational initiation and repression of global protein synthesis. It likely serves as a critical effector of unfolded protein response (UPR)-induced G1 growth arrest due to the loss of cyclin D1 Perturbation in protein folding in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) promotes reversible dissociation from HSPA5/BIP and oligomerization, resulting in transautophosphorylation and kinase activity induction Expression of this Type I membrane protein is ubiquitous, with highest levels seen in secretory tissues. Defects in EIF2AK3 are the cause of Wolcott-Rallison syndrome (WRS), also known as multiple epiphyseal dysplasia with early-onset diabetes mellitus. WRS is a rare autosomal recessive disorder, characterized by permanent neonatal or early infancy insulin-dependent diabetes and, at a later age, epiphyseal dysplasia, osteoporosis, growth retardation and other multisystem manifestations, such as hepatic and renal dysfunctions, mental retardation and cardiovascular abnormalities.
- 1: Delepine, M., et al., Nat. Genet. 25(4):406-409 (2000). Shi, Y., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 274(9):5723-5730 (1999). Sood, R., et al., Biochem. J. 346 Pt 2, 281-293 (2000).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-370
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin