- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln 28 - Lys 601
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 66.4 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its ability of the immobilized protein to support the adhesion of Jurkat human acute T cell leukemia cells. When 50000 cells/well are added to rhCD31 coated plates (3. 3 μg/mL, 100 μl/well) in the presence of 20 ng/mL PMA, approximately 55 - 65% will adhere after 30 minutes at 37°C.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM Tris, 150 mM NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PECAM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PECAM1, CD31, FLJ34100, FLJ58394
- Protein Accession Number: P16284-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5175
- Cluster of Differentiation 31 (CD31) is also known as Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM-1), is a 130-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein expressed by endothelial cells, platelets, macrophages and Kupffer cells, granulocytes, T / NK cells, lymphocytes, megakaryocytes, osteoclasts, neutrophils, certain tumors, and is the only known member of the CAM family on platelets. CD31 is found on the surface of platelets, monocytes, neutrophils, and some types of T-cells, and makes up a large portion of endothelial cell intercellular junctions. The encoded protein is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is likely involved in leukocyte migration, angiogenesis, and integrin activation. CD31 plays a key role in removing aged neutrophils from the body. CD31 mediates the homotypic or heterotypic cell adhesion by binding to itself or the leukocyte integrin αvβ3, and thus plays a role in neutrophil recruitment in inflammatory responses, transendothelial migration of leukocytes, as well as in cardiovascular development. In addition, it has been shown that CD31 expression is up-regulated by LPS stimulation, and might function as a feedback negative regulator of LPS inflammatory response in macrophages.
- 1: Newman PJ, Newman DK., 2004, Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 23 (6): 953–64.
- 2: Kalinowska A, Losy J., 2007, Eur. J. Neurol. 13 (12): 1284–90.
- 3: Almendro N, et al., 2007, J. Immunol. 157 (12): 5411–21.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-093
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.