- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This PDXK antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 242-272 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human PDXK.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 35 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PDXK
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Pyridoxal kinase, Pyridoxine kinase, PDXK, C21orf124, C21orf97, PKH, PNK
- Protein Accession Number: O00764
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8566
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Pyridoxal kinase (PDXK) converts vitamin B6 to pyridoxal-5-phosphate (PLP), an essential cofactor in the intermediate metabolism of amino acids and neurotransmitters. The PDXK gene encodes a 312-amino acid polypeptide, and expression of the cDNA reveals pyridoxal kinase activity. Northern blot analysis revealed that a major 1.5-kb PDXK transcript is expressed in all tissues tested. The expression of PDXK shows circadian oscillations. The expression of Pdxk in mouse liver and brain is regulated by the 3 PAR bZIP transcription factors, Dbp, Hlf, and Tef, which also show circadian oscillations in expression. Mice devoid of all 3 transcription factors show decreased levels of brain PLP, serotonin, and dopamine, and are highly susceptible to frequently lethal generalized spontaneous and audiogenic epilepsies.
- 1: Shin, J.H., et al., Neurochem. Int. 45(1):73-79 (2004).
- 2: Lee, H.S., et al., Mol. Cells 10(4):452-459 (2000).
- 3: Laine-Cessac, P., et al., Biochem. Pharmacol. 54(8):863-870 (1997).
- 4: Hanna, M.C., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 272(16):10756-10760 (1997).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-699
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin