- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This PDX1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 429-459 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human PDX1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 54 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PDHX
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Pyruvate dehydrogenase protein X component, mitochondrial, Dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase-binding protein of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex, E3-binding protein, E3BP, Lipoyl-containing pyruvate dehydrogenase complex component X, proX, PDHX, PDX1
- Protein Accession Number: O00330
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8050
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PDX1, located in the mitochondrial matrix, is required for anchoring dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase (E3) to the dihydrolipoamide transacetylase (E2) core of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complexes of eukaryotes. This specific binding is essential for a functional PDH complex. Eukaryotic pyruvate dehydrogenase complexes are organized about a core consisting of the oligomeric dihydrolipoamide acetyl-transferase, around which are arranged multiple copies of pyruvate dehydrogenase, dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase and protein X bound by noncovalent bonds. Defects in PDHX are a cause of lacticacidemia. PDX1 belongs to the 2-oxoacid dehydrogenase family and contains 1 lipoyl-binding domain.
- 1: Ling, M., et al., Hum. Mol. Genet. 7(3):501-505 (1998). Harris, R.A., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 272(32):19746-19751 (1997). Murray, J., et al., FEBS Lett. 529 (2-3), 173-178 (2002).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-968
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.