- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: PD-L1 antibody was raised against the extracellular domain of human PD-L1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PD-L1 antibody can be used for detection of PD-L1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2 - 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1340 - Human Stomach Carcinoma Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1315 - Human Tonsil Tissue
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 32 kDa
Observed: 45 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PD-L1 Antibody is supplied as protein A purified IgG1.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PD-L1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PD-L1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD274
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PD-L1 Antibody: Programmed cell death 1 ligand-1, programmed death ligand 1, PDL1, PDL-1, B7-H1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_054862
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7661534
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 29126
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PD-L1 Antibody: Cell-mediated immune responses are initiated by T lymphocytes that are themselves stimulated by cognate peptides bound to MHC molecules on antigen-presenting cells (APC) (1). T-cell activation is generally self-limited as activated T cells express receptors such as PD-1 (also known as PDCD-1) that mediate inhibitory signals from the APC (2). PD-1 can bind two different but related ligands, PD-L1 and PD-L2. PD-L1 is a B7-related protein that inhibits cell-mediated immune responses by reducing the secretion of IL-2 and IL-10 from memory T cells (3). This suggests that PD-L1 may be useful in reducing allogenic CD4+ memory T-cell responses to endothelial cells, thereby reducing the likelihood of host immune responses to allografts. PD-L1 also functions as an immune checkpoint protein, and multiple anti-PD-L1 antibodies are currently in phase II and III clinical trials, with one antibody already approved for the treatment of cancer (4).
- 1: Holling TM, Schooten E, and van Den Elsing PJ. Function and regulation of MHC class II molecules in T-lymphocytes: of mice and men. Hum. Immunol. 2004; 65:282-90.
- 2: Ishida Y, Agata Y, Shibahara K, et al. Induced expression of PD-1, a novel member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily, upon programmed cell death. EMBO J. 1992; 11:3887-95.
- 3: LaGier J and Pober JS. Immune accessory functions of human endothelial cells are modulated by overexpression of B7-H1 (PDL1). Hum. Immunol. 2006; 67:568-78.
- 4: Aydin AM, Woldu SL, Hutchinson RC, et al. Spotlight on atezolizumab and its potential in the treatment of advanced urothelial bladder cancer.Onco. Targets Ther. 2017;10:1487-502.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: RF16038
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805