- SPECIES: Dog, Human, Monkey, Mouse, Rat, Salamander
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: SIEEAVPAVC KTRTVIYEIP RSQVDPTSAN FLIWPPCVEV KRCTGCCNTS SVKCQPSRVH HRSVKVAKVE YVRKKPKLKE VQVRLEEHLE CACATTSLNP DYREEDTGRP RESGKKRKRK RLKPT
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of thymidine uptake by Balb/c 3T3 cells is ≤ 1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 106 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PDGFA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Platelet-Derived Growth Factor-AA, Glioma-derived growth factor (GDGF), Osteosarcoma-derived Growth Factor (ODGF)
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5154
- PDGFs are disulfide-linked dimers consisting of two 12.0-13.5 kDa polypeptide chains, designated PDGF-A and PDGF-B chains. The three naturally occurring PDGFs, PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB and PDGF-AB, are potent mitogens for a variety of cell types, including smooth muscle cells, connective tissue cells, bone and cartilage cells, and some blood cells. The PDGFs are stored in platelet α-granules, and are released upon platelet activation. The PDGFs are involved in a number of biological processes, including hyperplasia, chemotaxis, embryonic neuron development, and respiratory tubule epithelial cell development. Two distinct signaling receptors used by PDGFs have been identified and named PDGFR-α and PDGFR-β. PDGFR-α is a high-affinity receptor for each of the three PDGF forms. On the other hand, PDGFR-β interacts with only PDGF-BB and PDGF-AB. Recombinant Human PDGF-AA is a 28.5 kDa disulfide-linked homodimer of two A chains (250 total amino acids).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-712
- Size: 2 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805