- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: PDCD5 antibody was raised against a 21 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human PDCD5.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of PDCD5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PDCD5 antibody can be used for detection of PDCD5 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: PDCD5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PDCD5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PDCD5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PDCD5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PDCD5 Antibody: Programmed Cell Death 5, TF-1 Cell Apoptosis-Related Protein 19, TF1 Cell Apoptosis-Related Gene 19, Programmed Cell Death Protein 5, TFAR19 Novel Apoptosis-Related, TFAR19, Protein TFAR19
- Protein Accession Number: CAG33215
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 48145985
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9141
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PDCD5 Antibody: Programmed cell death 5 (PDCD5), a human apoptosis-related protein, is thought to play an early and universal role in apoptosis. PDCD5 is widely expressed and is upregulated in cells undergoing apoptosis, where it translocates rapidly from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. PDCD5 has a compact core structure of low flexibility with two mobile alpha-helices at N-terminal and a flexible unstructured C-terminal region. The charged residues are crucial for the ability of apoptosis-promoting and cell translocation of the protein. PDCD5 can facilitate apoptosis and enhance TAJ/TROY-induced paraptosis-like cell death. PDCD5 may play a dual role in the Tip60 pathway. It interacts with Tip60 and functions as a Tip60 co-activator to promote apoptosis. The nucleotide polymorphisms in the 5'-upstream region of PDCD5 affect promoter activity and the susceptibility of a Chinese population to develop chronic myelogenous leukemia and may represent a novel tumor suppressor gene influencing lung cancer.
- 1: Liu H, Wang Y, Zhang Y, et al. TFAR19, a novel apoptosis-related gene cloned from human leukemia cell line TF-1, could enhance apoptosis of some tumor cells induced by growth factor withdrawal. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.1999; 254:203-10.
- 2: Chen Y, Sun R, Han W, et al. Nuclear translocation of PDCD5 (TFAR19): an early signal for apoptosis? FEBS Lett.2001; 509:191-6.
- 3: Yao H, Xu L, Feng Y, et al. Structure-function correlation of human programmed cell death 5 protein. Arch. Biochem. Biophys.2009 Apr 7.
- 4: Wang Y, Li X, Wang L, et al. An alternative form of paraptosis-like cell death triggered by TAJ/TROY and enhanced by PDCD5 overexpression. J. Cell Sci.2004; 117:1525-32.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5011
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin