- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: PD-1 antibody was raised against the extracellular domain of human PD-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PD-1 antibody can be used for detection of PD-1 by Western blot at 0.25 - 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1315 - Human Tonsil Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1369 - Human Lymph node Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 17-010 - HEK293 Cell Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 6: Cat. No. 1208 - THP-1 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 32 kDa
Observed: 38 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PD-1 Antibody is supplied as protein A purified IgG1.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PD-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PD-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PDCD1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PD-1 Antibody: PD1, PD-1, CD279, SLEB2, hPD-1, hPD-l, hSLE1, PD1, Programmed cell death protein 1, Protein PD-1, PDCD1, PDCD-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005009
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 145559515
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5133
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Cell-mediated immune responses are initiated by T lymphocytes that are themselves stimulated by cognate peptides bound to MHC molecules on antigen-presenting cells (APC). T-cell activation is generally self-limited as activated T cells express receptors such as PD-1 (also known as PDCD-1) that mediate inhibitory signals from the APC. PD-1 can bind two different but related ligands, PDL-1 and PDL-2. Upon binding to either of these ligands, signals generated by PD-1 inhibit the activation of the immune response in the absence of "danger signals" such as LPS or other molecules associated with bacteria or other pathogens. Evidence for this is seen in PD-1-null mice who exhibit hyperactivated immune systems and autoimmune diseases. PD-1 is thus one of a growing number of immune checkpoint proteins.
- 1: Holling TM, Schooten E, and van Den Elsing PJ. Function and regulation of MHC class II molecules in T-lymphocytes: of mice and men. Hum. Immunol. 2004; 65:282-90.
- 2: Ishida Y, Agata Y, Shibahara K, et al. Induced expression of PD-1, a novel member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily, upon programmed cell death. EMBO J. 1992; 11:3887-95.
- 3: Zhong X, Bai C, Gao W, et al. Suppression of expression and function of negative immune regulator PD-1 by certain pattern recognition and cytokine receptor signals associated with immune system danger. Int. Immunol. 2004; 16:1181-8.
- 4: Nishimura H, Nose M, Hiai H, et al. Development of lupus-like autoimmune diseases by the disruption of the PD-1 gene encoding an ITIM motif-carrying immunoreceptor. Immunity 1999; 11:141-51.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: RF16001
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805