- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (77%), Mouse: (71%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-PD-L1 antibody (4059) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the center of human PD-L1 isoform 1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of PD-L1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IHC-P: 2.5-5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL; Flow Cyt: 0.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and rat samples; Immunofluorescence in human and rat samples and Flow Cytometry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: PD-L1 antibody has no cross-reactivity to PD-L2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 10-501 - Human Heart Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 33 kDa
Observed: 37 kDa
Independent Antibody Validation (Figure 2) shows similar PD-L1 expression profile in both human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-PD-L1 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 4059 against the center of human PD-L1 and RF16035 against the extracellular domain. PD-L1 proteins are detected in most of the cell lines, but not in A549 and THP-1 cells by the two independent antibodies.
siRNA Knockdown Validation (Figure 3): Anti-PD-L1 antibody (4059) specificity was further verified by PD-L1 specific siRNA knockdown. PD-L1 signal in HeLa cells transfected with PD-L1 siRNAs was much weaker in comparison with that in HeLa cells transfected with control siRNAs.
Overexpression Validation (Figure 4): Anti-PD-L1 antibodies (4059) can detect the overexpression of PD-L1 protein in 293 cells transfected with PD-L1.
- ISOFORMS: Human PD-L1 has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (290aa, 33.3kD), isoform 2 (176aa, 20.2kD), and isoform 3 (178aa, 20.5kD). This antibody detects human isoform 1&3, mouse and rat PD-L1 (290aa, 33kD for both of them).
- PURIFICATION: PD-L1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PD-L1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PD-L1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD274
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PD-L1 Antibody: B7-H, B7H1, PDL1, PD-L1, PDCD1L1, PDCD1LG1, Programmed cell death 1 ligand 1, B7 homolog 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_054862
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7661534
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 29126
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PD-L1 plays a critical role in induction and maintenance of immune tolerance to self. As a ligand for the inhibitory receptor PDCD1/CD279, PD-L1 modulates the activation threshold of T-cells and limits T-cell effector response (1). The PDCD1/CD279-mediated inhibitory pathway is exploited by tumors to attenuate anti-tumor immunity and facilitate tumor survival (2,3). Through a yet unknown activating receptor, it may costimulate T-cell subsets that predominantly produce interleukin-10 (IL10) (4).
- 1: Freeman et al. Exp. Med. 2000; 192:1027-34.
- 2: Burr et al. Nature 2017; 549:101-5.
- 3: Mezzadra et al. Nature 2017; 549:106-10.
- 4: Dong et al. Nat. Med. 1999 5:1365-9.
- 1: Dhar et al. Evaluation of PD-L1 expression on vortex-isolated circulating tumor cells in metastatic lung cancer. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):2592. PMID: 29416054
- 2: Gadiot et al. Overall survival and PD-L1 expression in metastasized malignant melanoma. Cancer.2011;117(10):2192-201. PMID: 21523733
- 3: Angell et al. BRAF V600E in papillary thyroid carcinoma is associated with increased programmed death ligand 1 expression and suppressive immune cell infiltration. Thyroid. 2014; 24(9):1385-93PMID: 24955518
- 4: Ilie et al. Comparative study of the PD-L1 status between surgically resected specimens and matched biopsies of NSCLC patients reveal major discordances: a potential issue for anti-PD-L1 therapeutic strategies. Ann Oncol. 2016;27(1):147-53.PMID: 26483045
- 5: Heymann et al. PD-L1 expression in non-small cell lung carcinoma: Comparison among cytology, small biopsy, and surgical resection specimens. Cancer Cytopathol. 2017;125(12):896-907. PMID: 29024471
- 6: Hamanishi et al. Safety and Antitumor Activity of Anti-PD-1 Antibody, Nivolumab, in Patients With Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33(34):4015-22. PMID: 26351349
- 7: Taube et al. Colocalization of inflammatory response with B7-h1 expression in human melanocytic lesions supports an adaptive resistance mechanism of immune escape. Sci Transl Med. 2012;4(127):127ra37. PMID: 22461641
- 8: Munari et al. PD-L1 Expression Heterogeneity in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Defining Criteria for Harmonization between Biopsy Specimens and Whole Sections. J Thorac Oncol. 2018;13(8): 1113-1120. PMID: 29704674
- 9: Li et al. Comparison of 22C3 PD-L1 Expression between Surgically Resected Specimens and Paired Tissue Microarrays in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12(10):1536-1543. PMID: 28751245
- 10: Shen et al. Programmed cell death ligand 1 expression in osteosarcoma. Cancer Immunol Res. 2014;2(7):690-698. PMID: 24866169
- 11: Mimura et al. PD-L1 expression is mainly regulated by interferon gamma associated with JAK-STAT pathway in gastric cancer. Cancer Sci. 2018 ;109(1):43-53.PMID: 29034543
- 12: Habib et al. PDL-1 Blockade Prevents T Cell Exhaustion, Inhibits Autophagy, and Promotes Clearance of Leishmania donovani. Infect Immun. 2018;86(6). PMID: 29610255
- 13: Gonin et al. Expression of IL-27 by tumor cells in invasive cutaneous and metastatic melanomas. PLoS One. 2013;8(10):e75694. PMID: 24130734
- 14: Gagné et al. Comprehensive Assessment of PD-L1 Staining Heterogeneity in Pulmonary Adenocarcinomas Using Tissue Microarrays: Impact of the Architecture Pattern and the Number of Cores. Am J Surg Pathol. 2018;42(5):687-694.PMID: 29309297
- 15: Teixidó et al. Assays for predicting and monitoring responses to lung cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Biol Med. 2015;12(2):87-95. PMID: 26175924
- 16: Ohue et al. Survival of Lung Adenocarcinoma Patients Predicted from Expression of PD-L1, Galectin-9, and XAGE1 (GAGED2a) on Tumor Cells and Tumor-Infiltrating T Cells. Cancer Immunol Res. 2016;4(12):1049-1060. PMID: 27799141
- 17: Kao et al. Assessing the Effects of Concurrent versus Sequential Cisplatin/Radiotherapy on Immune Status in Lung Tumor-Bearing C57BL/6 Mice. Cancer Immunol Res. 2015;3(7):741-50. PMID: 25672395
- 18: Fujimura et al. Potential use of bisphosphonates in invasive extramammary Paget's disease: an immunohistochemical Investigation. Clin Dev Immunol. 2013 ;2013:164982. PMID: 23606867
- 19: Sakata et al. Comparison of Programmed Death Ligand-1 Immunohistochemical Staining Between Endobronchial Ultrasound Transbronchial Needle Aspiration and Resected Lung Cancer Specimens. Chest. 2018;154(4):827-837. PMID: 30059678
- 20: Kitazono et al. Reliability of Small Biopsy Samples Compared With Resected Specimens for the Determination of Programmed Death-Ligand 1 Expression in Non--Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Clin Lung Cancer. 2015 ;16(5):385-90.PMID: 25937270
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4059
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805