- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This PCSK5 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 95-124 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human PCSK5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 207 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PCSK5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 5, 3421-, Proprotein convertase 5, PC5, Proprotein convertase 6, PC6, hPC6, Subtilisin/kexin-like protease PC5, PCSK5, PC5, PC6
- Protein Accession Number: Q92824
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 357529585
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5125
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene belongs to thesubtilisin-like proprotein convertase family. The members of thisfamily are proprotein convertases that process latent precursorproteins into their biologically active products. This encodedprotein mediates posttranslational endoproteolytic processing forseveral integrin alpha subunits. It is thought to process prorenin,pro-membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase and HIV-1 glycoproteingp160. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoformshave been found for this gene.
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: Heng, S., et al. Endocrinology 151(8):3909-3917(2010)
- 3: Rose, J.E., et al. Mol. Med. 16 (7-8), 247-253 (2010) :
- 4: Talmud, P.J., et al. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 85(5):628-642(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-811
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.