- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 601-913 of human PCSK5 (NP_006191.2).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Jurkat
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: SW480
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Mouse lung
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Rat lung
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Rat brain
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 102kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PCSK5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PCSK5, subtilisin/kexin-like protease PC5, protease PC6, proprotein convertase PC5, prohormone convertase 5, OTTHUMP00000063532, SPC6, PC6A, PC6, PC5, proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 5, PCSK5
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5125
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a member of the subtilisin-like proprotein convertase family, which includes proteases that process protein and peptide precursors trafficking through regulated or constitutive branches of the secretory pathway. The encoded protein undergoes an initial autocatalytic processing event in the ER to generate a heterodimer which exits the ER. It then sorts to the trans-Golgi network where a second autocatalytic event takes place and the catalytic activity is acquired. This encoded protein is widely expressed and one of the seven basic amino acid-specific members which cleave their substrates at single or paired basic residues. It mediates posttranslational endoproteolytic processing for several integrin alpha subunits and is thought to process prorenin, pro-membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase and HIV-1 glycoprotein gp160. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants, some of which encode distinct isoforms, including a protease packaged into dense core granules (PC5A) and a type 1 membrane bound protease (PC5B).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 19-671
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.