- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: PCDH18 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human PCDH18.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of PCDH18.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PCDH18 antibody can be used for detection of PCDH18 by Western blot at 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of PCDH18 are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with PCDH12.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: PCDH18 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PCDH18 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PCDH18 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PCDH18
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PCDH18 Antibody: PCDH68L, KIAA1562, Protocadherin-18
- Protein Accession Number: NP_061908
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14589929
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54510
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PCDH18 Antibody: Protocadherins comprise the largest group within the cadherin family of calcium-dependent cell-cell adhesion molecules. Protocadherin 18 (PCDH18) was initially identified through screening of human and mouse ESTs using conserved cytoplasmic domain motifs. Tissue screening revealed PCDH18 broad expression in tissues such as brain, liver, heart, kidney, lung, and trachea. PCDH18 expression is also temporally and spatially regulated in the mouse embryonic brain and interacts with Disabled-1, an intracellular adapter protein involved in neuronal migration and cell positioning during mammalian brain development. PCDH18 was also found to be expressed in the developing zebrafish neural tube and central nervous system, lending support to the hypothesis that PCDH18 may play a role during brain development.
- 1: Frank M and Kemler R. Protocadherins. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol.2002; 14:557-62.
- 2: Wolverton T and Lalande M. Identification and characterization of three members of a novel subclass of protocadherins. Genomics2001; 76:66-72.
- 3: Homayouni R, Rice DS, and Curran T. Disabled-1 interacts with a novel developmentally regulated protocadherin. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2001; 289:539-47.
- 4: Kubota F, Murakami T, Tajika Y, et al. Expression of protocadherin 18 in the CNS and pharyngeal arches of zebrafish embryos. Int. J. Dev. Biol.2008; 52:397-405.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5081
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.