- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: PCDH12 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human PCDH12.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of PCDH12.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PCDH12 antibody can be used for detection of PCDH12 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with PCDH18.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 128 kDa
Observed: 125 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PCDH12 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PCDH12 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PCDH12 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PCDH12
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PCDH12 Antibody: VECAD2, VE-cadherin-2, Protocadherin-12, Vascular cadherin-2, VE-cad-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057664
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7706113
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51294
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PCDH12 Antibody: Protocadherins comprise the largest group within the cadherin family of calcium-dependent cell-cell adhesion molecules. Protocadherin 12 (PCDH12) was initially identified through PCR screening of mouse heart microvascular endothelial cell RNA; further experiments revealed its mRNA to be strongly expressed in highly vascularized organs such as lung and kidney, in addition to glycogen-rich trophoblasts in the placenta. PCDH12-null mice are viable and fertile, but show reduced placental and embryonic sizes when compared to wild-type mice. Further studies showed significant expression changes in 2, 289 genes, including those involved in tissue morphogenesis, angiogenesis, cell-matrix adhesion and migration, immune response and chromatin remodeling.
- 1: Frank M and Kemler R. Protocadherins. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol.2002; 14:557-62.
- 2: Telo P, Breviaro F, Huber P, et al. Identification of a novel cadherin (vascular endothelial cadherin-2) located at intercellular junctions in endothelial cells. J. Biol. Chem.1998; 28:17565-72.
- 3: Rampon C, Prandini MH, Bouillot S, et al. Protocadherin 12 (VE-cadherin 2) is expressed in endothelial, trophoblast, and mesangial cells. Exp. Cell Res.2005; 302:48-60.
- 4: Rampon C, Bouillot S, Climescu-Haulica A, et al. Protocadherin 12 deficiency alters morphogenesis and transcriptional profile of the placenta. Physiol. Genomics2008; 34:193-204.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5071
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin