- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Paxillin (Phospho-Tyr31) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around phosphorylation site of tyrosine 31 (T-P-Y (p) -S-Y) derived from Human Paxillin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of Paxillin only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 31.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 68 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatogramphy using non-phosphopeptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PXN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NACP, PARK1, PAXI, PXN
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001074324.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 170932514
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5829
- An antiphosphotyrosine antibody was used to identify proteins that are phosphorylated in Rous sarcoma virus-transformed chick embryo fibroblasts, and a 76-kD protein was obtained that localizes to focal adhesions at the ends of actin-containing stress fibers in nontransformed cells (Ref.1). This protein was purified from chicken gizzard smooth muscle, and was named Pxn (Paxillin) ('paxillus' means 'small stake' or 'peg' in Latin) as a protein tethered to the membrane at focal adhesions
- 1: Davidson D, et al. (2001) EMBO J 20 (13): 3414-3426. Fleming I, et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96 (3): 1123-1128. Goldberg MB. (2001) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 65 (4): 595-626. Kook S, et al. (2000) Mol Biol Cell 11 (3): 929-939.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-470
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $325.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.