- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This PARK8(LRRK2) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 878-909 amino acids from human PARK8(LRRK2).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 286 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LRRK2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Leucine-rich repeat serine/threonine-protein kinase 2, Dardarin, LRRK2, PARK8
- Protein Accession Number: Q5S007
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 294862450
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 120892
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Parkinson is the second most common neurodegenerative disease after Alzheimers. About 1 percent of people over the age of 65 and 3 percent of people over the age of 75 are affected by the disease. The mutation is the most common cause of Parkinson's disease identified to date. LRRK2, a genetic mutation, was recently found linked to about 5 percent of inherited cases of Parkinson's disease. By high-resolution recombination mapping and candidate gene sequencing in 46 families, 6 disease-segregating mutations (5 missense and 1 putative splice site mutation). It may be central to the pathogenesis of several major neurodegenerative disorders associated with parkinsonism. LRRK2 belongs to the ROCO protein family and includes a protein kinase domain of the MAPKKK class and several other major functional domains.
- 1: Shen J. Neuron. 2004. 44:575.
- 2: Paisan-Ruiz C, et al. Neuron. 2004. 44(4):595.
- 3: Zimprich A, et al. Neuron. 2004. 44(4):601.
- 4: Wszolek ZK, et al. Neurology. 2004. 62(9):1619.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-661
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.