- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This PANK2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 65-95 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human PANK2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 63 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PANK2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Pantothenate kinase 2, mitochondrial, hPanK2, Pantothenic acid kinase 2, PANK2, C20orf48
- Protein Accession Number: Q9BZ23
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 118572682
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 80025
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Pantothenate kinase is an essential regulatory enzyme in CoA biosynthesis, catalyzing the cytosolic phosphorylation of pantothenate (vitamin B5), N-pantothenoylcysteine, and pantetheine. CoA is the major acyl carrier, playing a central role in intermediary and fatty acid metabolism. In both yeast and fly, each with only 1 pantothenate kinase gene, the null mutant is inviable. Mutations in PANK2 are the cause of pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration (PKAN), formerly known as Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome (HSS). PKAN is an autosomal recessive neurodegenerative disorder associated with iron accumulation in the brain. Mutations in PANK2 are the cause of hypoprebetalipoproteinemia, acanthocytosis, retinitis pigmentosa, and pallidal degeneration (HARP).
- 1: Neurology 58: 1673-1674, 2002. Hum. Molec. Genet. 12: 321-327, 2003. Neurology 61: 1423-1426, 2003. Neurology 64: 1810-1812, 2005. Nature Genet. 28: 345-349, 2001.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-694
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin