- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: PALB2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human PALB2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 940 - 990 of PALB2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PALB2 antibody can be used for detection of PALB2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of PALB2 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all four isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 65, 100, 130 kDa
Observed: 140 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PALB2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PALB2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PALB2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PALB2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PALB2 Antibody: FANCN, PNCA3, FANCN, Partner and localizer of BRCA2
- Protein Accession Number: Q86YC2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74727919
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79728
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PALB2 Antibody: The breast cancer early onset proteins BRCA1 and BRCA2 are central to the repair of DNA damage by homologous recombination and are strongly associated with inherited breast and ovarian cancer. The protein PALB2 is required for the localization of BRCA2 to sites of DNA damage and like BRCA1 and 2 is a breast cancer susceptibility gene. PALB2 is thought to function through directly binding to BRCA1, which allows the PALB2 protein to organize BRCA2 and the recombinase RAD51 at the site of DNA damage. Analysis of the BRCA1-PALB2-BRCA2-RAD51network may allow predictions to be made of the responsiveness of a particular tumor to therapeutic treatments.
- 1: Greenberg RA. Recognition of DNA double strand breaks by the BRCA1 tumor suppressor network. Chromosoma 2008; 117:305-17.
- 2: Xia B, Sheng Q, Nakanishi K, et al. Control of BRCA2 cellular and clinical functions by a nuclear partner, PALB. Mol. Cell 2007; 22:719-29.
- 3: Rahman N, Seal S, Thompson D, et al. PALB2, which encodes a BRCA2-interacting protein, is a breast cancer susceptibility gene. Nat. Genet. 2007; 39:165-7.
- 4: Zhang F, Fan Q, Ren K, et al. PALB2 functionally connects the breast cancer susceptibility proteins BRCA1 and BRCA2. Mol. Cancer. Res. 2009; 7:1110-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5275
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.