- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant human protein was used as the immunogen for the p57 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.25-0.5 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the p57 antibody to be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CDKN1C
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CDKN1C Antibody: BWS, WBS, p57, BWCR, KIP2, p57Kip2, Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1C, Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p57
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1028
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Recognizes a protein of 57kDa, identified as p57Kip2. It shows no cross-reaction with p27Kip1. p57Kip2 is a potent tight-binding inhibitor of several G1 cyclin complexes, and is a negative regulator of cell proliferation. Anti-p57 has been used as an aide in identification of complete hydatidiform mole (CHM) (no nuclear labeling of cytotrophoblasts and stromal cells) from partial hydatidiform mole (PHM) in which both cytotrophoblasts and stromal cells stain. The histological differentiation of complete mole, partial mole, and hydropic spontaneous abortion is problematic. Most complete hydatidiform moles are diploid, whereas most partial moles are triploid. Ploidy studies will identify partial moles, but will not differentiate complete moles from non-molar gestations. Complete moles carry a high risk of persistent disease and choriocarcinoma, while partial moles have a very low risk. In normal placenta, many cytotrophoblast nuclei and stromal cells are labeled with this antibody. Similar findings apply to PHM and hydropic abortus tissues. Intervillous trophoblastic islands (IVTIs) demonstrate nuclear labeling in all three entities and serve as an internal control.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-912
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.