- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Human, Monkey
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant human wild type p53 protein was used as the immunogen for this anti-p53 antibody. Its epitope maps within the N-terminus (approx. amino acids 37-45).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Western blot: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.25-0.5 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the anti-p53 antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TP53
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cellular tumor antigen p53, Antigen NY-CO-13, Phosphoprotein p53, Tumor suppressor p53, TP53, P53
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7157
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Recognizes a 53kDa protein, which is identified as p53 suppressor gene product. It reacts with the mutant as well as the wild form of p53. p53 is a tumor suppressor gene expressed in a wide variety of tissue types and is involved in regulating cell growth, replication, and apoptosis. It binds to MDM2, SV40 T antigen and human papilloma virus E6 protein. Positive nuclear staining with p53 antibody has been reported to be a negative prognostic factor in breast carcinoma, lung carcinoma, colorectal, and urothelial carcinoma. Anti-p53 positivity has also been used to differentiate uterine serous carcinoma from endometrioid carcinoma as well as to detect intratubular germ cell neoplasia. Mutations involving p53 are found in a wide variety of malignant tumors, including breast, ovarian, bladder, colon, lung, and melanoma.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-174
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.