- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Human, Monkey
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant human wild type p53 expressed in E. coli was used as the immunogen for this antibody. Its epitope maps within the N-terminus portion (aa 20-25) of the p53 oncoprotein.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 0.5-1 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1.0 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1.0 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the p53 antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TP53
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cellular tumor antigen p53, Antigen NY-CO-13, Phosphoprotein p53, Tumor suppressor p53, TP53, P53
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7157
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This antibody is specific for a 53kDa protein, which is identified as p53 suppressor gene product. The large number of prolines in its amino acid sequence causes p53 to migrate slowly in SDS-PAGE, resulting in the amino acid content-estimated 43 kDa protein appearing larger than expected. DO-7 reacts with the mutant as well as the wild form of p53 under denaturing and non-denaturing conditions. It binds to MDM2, SV40 T antigen and human papilloma virus E6 protein. Positive nuclear staining with p53 antibody has been reported to be a negative prognostic factor in breast carcinoma, lung carcinoma, colorectal, and urothelial carcinoma. p53 positivity has also been used to differentiate uterine serous carcinoma from endometrioid carcinoma as well as to detect intra-tubular germ cell neoplasia.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-218
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin