- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: p53 (Ab-15) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around aa.13~17 (P-L-S-Q-E) derived from Human p53.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100, Immunofluorescence: 1:100~1:200
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of total p53 protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 53 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TP53
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: P53, BCC7, LFS1, TRP53, GRB1, Tumor suppressor p53, Phosphoprotein p53, Antigen NY-CO-13, TP53
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000537.3
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 120407068
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7157
- p53 is a nuclear protein which plays an essential role in the regulation of cell cycle specifically in the transition from G0 to G1. It is found in very low levels in normal cells however in a variety of transformed cell lines in high amounts and believed to contribute to transformation and malignancy. The open reading frame of p53 is 393 amino acids long, with the central region (consisting of amino acids from about 100 to 300) containing the DNA-binding domain. This proteolysis-resistant core is flanked by a C-terminal end mediating oligomerization and an N-terminal end containing a strong transcription activation signal. p53 binds as a tetramer to a PBS (p53-Binding Site) and activates the expression of downstream genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion. p53 binds as a tetramer to a p53-binding site (PBS) and to activate the expression of adjacent genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion. Deletion of one or both p53 alleles reduces the expression of tetramers, resulting in decreased expression of the growth inhibitory genes
- 1: Lin T, et al. (2005) Nat Cell Biol; 7 (2): 165-71. Vega FM, et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol; 24 (23): 10366-80. Li J, et al. (2004) J Biol Chem; 279 (40): 41275-9. Wang J, et al. (2004) J Biol Chem; 279 (38): 39584-92.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-318
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin