- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Amino acids ENNAQTQFSEPQY (aa 5-17) of human p40 / p63 delta were used as the immunogen for this antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1ug/10e6 cells
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 1-2 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the p40 antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of FFPE tissues requires boiling sections in 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein A affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TP63
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Tumor protein 63, p63, Chronic ulcerative stomatitis protein, CUSP, Keratinocyte transcription factor KET, Transformation-related protein 63, TP63, Tumor protein p73-like, p73L, p40, p51, TP63, KET, P63, P73H, P73L, TP73L
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8626
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- p40 (p63 delta) is a marker recently determined to be highly specific for squamous basal cells in the immunohistochemistry (IHC) application. The current more routinely recommended marker, p63, appears to have less specificity compared to p40, especially on squamous cell tumors. The ability to differentiate between lung adenocarcinoma vs. squamous cell carcinoma is difficult and has bearing on the different therapeutic avenues for each subtype treatment. p40 antibody’s ability to distinguish between the tumor types appears to be superior when compared to p63. The ability to utilize a p40 antibody probe as a squamous cell marker bolsters its use for future sub-classification of lung cancers, especially by immunohistochemical techniques.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-230
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin