- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant full-length human protein was used as the immunogen for the p21 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Western Blot: 1-2 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 2-4 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the p21 antibody to be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with mouse and rat
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CDKN1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1, CDK-interacting protein 1, Melanoma differentiation-associated protein 6, MDA-6, p21, CDKN1A, CAP20, CDKN1, CIP1, MDA6, PIC1, SDI1, WAF1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1026
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This mAb recognizes a 21kDa protein, identified as the p21WAF1 tumor suppressor protein. This mAb is highly specific to p21 and shows no cross-reaction with other closely related mitotic inhibitors. p21WAF1 is a specific inhibitor of cdk s and a tumor suppressor involved in the pathogenesis of a variety of malignancies. The expression of this gene acts as an inhibitor of the cell cycle during G1 phase and is tightly controlled by the tumor suppressor protein p53. Its expression is induced by the wild type, but not mutant, p53 suppressor protein. Normal cells generally display a rather intense nuclear p21 expression. Loss of p21 expression has been reported in many carcinomas (gastric carcinoma, non-small cell lung carcinoma, thyroid carcinoma).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-313
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin