- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This p21 (CDKN1A) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 134-164 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human p21 (CDKN1A).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For IF starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 18 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CDKN1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1, CDK-interacting protein 1, Melanoma differentiation-associated protein 6, MDA-6, p21, CDKN1A, CAP20, CDKN1, CIP1, MDA6, PIC1, SDI1, WAF1
- Protein Accession Number: P38936
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 729143
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1026
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CDKN1A is a potent cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor. It binds to and inhibits the activity of cyclin-CDK2 or -CDK4 complexes, and thus functions as a regulator of cell cycle progression at G1. Expression is tightly controlled by the tumor suppressor protein p53, through which this protein mediates the p53-dependent cell cycle G1 phase arrest in response to a variety of stress stimuli. This protein can interact with proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), a DNA polymerase accessory factor, and plays a regulatory role in S phase DNA replication and DNA damage repair. This protein was reported to be specifically cleaved by CASP3-like caspases, which thus leads to a dramatic activation of CDK2, and may be instrumental in the execution of apoptosis following caspase activation.
- 1: Fukuchi, K., et al., Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1642(3):163-171 (2003).
- 2: Frouin, I., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 278(41):39265-39268 (2003).
- 3: Dupont, J., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 278(39):37256-37264 (2003).
- 4: Di Padova, M., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 278(38):36496-36504 (2003).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-967
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.