- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This OTOP2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 336-363 amino acids from the Central region of human OTOP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 62 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: OTOP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Otopetrin-2, OTOP2
- Protein Accession Number: Q7RTS6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 296439281
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 92736
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Otopetrins are multi-transmembrane domain proteins that share conserved gene and protein structure and are possibly involved in the formation of otoconia and otoliths. Located in the utricle and saccule of the inner ear, otoconia are complex calcium carbonate biominerals that are required for the normal sensation of gravity and linear acceleration. Vertigo and loss of balance may be attributed to degeneration of displacement of otoconia. The otopetrin family consists of three proteins, OTOP1, OTOP2 and OTOP3. These proteins have 12 putative transmembrane domains that are clustered into three otopetrin domains (OD-I, II and III). OTOP1 was the first described member of the Otopetrin family. Mutations of OTOP1 leads to absence of otoconia or otoliths, though inner ear development is normal. OTOP2 and OTOP3 share significant structural similarity with OTOP1 and may also play a role in the formation of mineralized structures.
- 1: Hurle, B., et al. Hum. Mol. Genet. 12(7):777-789(2003)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-393
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.