- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Glu 22 - Leu 401
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 70.2 kDa
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM tris, 100 mM glycine, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFRSF11B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TNFRSF11B, OCIF, OPG, Osteoprotegerin
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002537
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4982
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 11B (TNFRSF11B) is also known as Osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor (OCIF), Osteoprotegerin (OPG). TNFRSF11B is a secreted homodimer protein, which can interact with TNFSF10 and TNFSF11. TNFRSF11B acts as decoy receptor for TNFSF11/RANKL and thereby neutralizes its function in osteoclastogenesis. TNFRSF11B inhibits the activation of osteoclasts and promotes osteoclast apoptosis in vitro. Bone homeostasis seems to depend on the local ratio between TNFSF11 and TNFRSF11B. TNFSF10/TRAIL binding blocks the inhibition of osteoclastogenesis.
- 1: Tsuda E., et al, 1997, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 234:137-142.
- 2: Emery J.G., et al., 1998, J. Biol. Chem. 273:14363-14367.
- 3: Luan X., et al., 2012, J. Immunol. 189:245-252.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-741
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.