- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: IPVKQADSGS SEEKQLYNKY PDAVATWLNP DPSQKQNLLA PQNAVSSEET NDFKQETLPS KSNESHDHMD DMDDEDDDDH VDSQDSIDSN DSDDVDDTDD SHQSDESHHS DESDELVTDF PTDLPATEVF TPVVPTVDTY DGRGDSVVYG LRSKSKKFRR PDIQYPDATD EDITSHMESE ELNGAYKAIP VAQDLNAPSD WDSRGKDSYE TSQLDDQSAE THSHKQSRLY KRKANDESNE HSDVIDSQEL SKVSREFHSH EFHSHEDMLV VDPKSKEEDK HLKFRISHEL DSASSEVN
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability to enhance cell adhesion of murine B16-F1 cells.
- PURITY: Greater than 97% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Osteopontin recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Osteopontin is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Osteopontin recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OPN, BNSP, BSPI, ETA-1, OPN, PSEC0156, Osteopontin, Bone sialoprotein 1, SPP-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000573.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4759166
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6696
- Osteopontin is a secreted glycoprotein that functions as a ligand to alphavbeta3 integrin and possibly other receptors. It binds tightly to hydroxyapatite and can act as a structural component of the extracellular mineralized matrix. Osteopontin is initially secreted as a 298 amino acid protein, which is subject to multiple post-translational modifications including glycosylation, phosphorylation, and specific proteolytic cleavages into various smaller molecular weight fragments. Osteopontin is expressed in a wide range of cells and tissues including osteoblasts, various tumor cell lines, extraosseous cells in the inner ear, brain, kidney, deciduum, placenta and odontoblasts. In addition to its involvement in mineralized matrix formation, Osteopontin can also function as a cytokine that stimulates the release of IFNγ and IL-12, while inhibiting the production of IL-10. Recombinant human Osteopontin is a 298 amino acid protein, which, due to glycosylation, migrates at an apparent molecular weight of 60.0-65.0 kDa by SDS-PAGE analysis under reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-122
- Size: 0.01 mg | 0.05 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.