Home / Antibody Pairs / Osteopontin Antibody
Osteopontin AntibodyCATALOG NUMBER: 38-354
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E, WB
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Human
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.05 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits immunized with highly pure recombinant Human Osteopontin. Anti-Human Osteopontin-specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing an immobilized Human Osteopontin matrix.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Sandwich ELISA: To detect Human Osteopontin by sandwich ELISA (using 100μl/well antibody solution), a concentration of 0.5 – 2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with ProSci’s Biotinylated Anti-Human Osteopontin as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 – 0.4 ng/well of recombinant Human Osteopontin.
To detect Human Osteopontin by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 – 0.2 μg/ml. When used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, the detection limit for Recombinant Human Osteopontin is 1.5 – 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: Osteopontin-specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing an immobilized Human Osteopontin matrix
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bone sialoprotein 1, Secreted phosphoprotein 1, SPP-1, Nephropontin, Uropontin
- Protein Accession Number: P10451
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: P10451.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6696
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Osteopontin is a secreted glycoprotein that functions as a ligand to alphavbeta3 integrin and possibly other receptors. It binds tightly to hydroxyapatite and can act as a structural component of the extracellular mineralized matrix. Osteopontin is initially secreted as a 298 amino acid protein, which is subject to multiple post-translational modifications including glycosylation, phosphorylation, and specific proteolytic cleavages into various smaller molecular weight fragments. Osteopontin is expressed in a wide range of cells and tissues including osteoblasts, various tumor cell lines, extraosseous cells in the inner ear, brain, kidney, deciduum, placenta and odontoblasts. In addition to its involvement in mineralized matrix formation, Osteopontin can also function as a cytokine that stimulates the release of IFNgamma and IL-12, while inhibiting the production of IL-10. Recombinant Human Osteopontin is a 298 amino acid protein, which, due to glycosylation, migrates at an apparent molecular weight of 60.0-65.0 kDa by SDS-PAGE analysis under reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-354
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin