- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: A 19 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human ORAI3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ORAI3 antibody can be used for detection of ORAI3 by Western blot at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1462 - Rat Lung Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: ORAI3 Monoclonal Antibody is immunoaffinity chromotography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ORAI3 Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ORAI3 monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ORAI3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ORAI3 Antibody [1B4F1] : TMEM142C
- Protein Accession Number: Q9BRQ5
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74732916
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 93129
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ORAI3 Monoclonal Antibody: Antigen stimulation of immune cells triggers Ca++ entry t hrough Ca++ release-activated Ca++ (CRAC) channels. ORAI3 is one of two mammalian homologs to ORAI1, a recently identified four-transmembrane spanning protein that is an essential component of CRAC. All three homologs have been shown to function as Ca++ plasma membrane channels gated through interactions with STIM1, the store-activated endoplasmic reticulum Ca++ sensor. However, ORAI3 channels failed to produce detectable Ca++ selective currents in cells co-transfected with ORAI3 and STIM1, indicating that ORAI3 channels undergo a lesser degree of depotentiation than ORAI1 or ORAI2. Na+ currents through ORAI1, 2 and 3 channels were equally inhibited by extracellular Ca++, indicating that each have similar affinities for Ca++ within the selectivity filter. This antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to ORAI1 or ORAI2. Larger molecular weight bands are sometimes seen in SDS-PAGE; these may represent post-translationally modified ORAI 3.
- 1: Lewis RS. Calcium signaling mechanisms in T lymphocytes. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2001; 19:497-521.
- 2: Feske S, Gwack Y, Prakriya M, et al. A mutation in Orai1 causes immune deficiency by abrogating CRAC channel function. Nature 2006; 441:179-85.
- 3: Soboloff J, Spassova MA, Dziadek MA, et al. Calcium signals mediated by STIM and Orai proteins - a new paradigm in inter-organelle communication. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2006; 1763:1161-8.
- 4: Mercer JC, DeHaven WI, Smyth JT, et al. Large store-operated calcium selective currents due to co-expression of Orai1 or Orai2 with the intracellular calcium sensor, Stim1. J. Biol. Chem. 2006; 281:24979-90.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-4913
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin