- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (93%), Chicken: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ORAI1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human ORAI1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ORAI1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ORAI1 antibody can be used for detection of ORAI1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. ORAI1 often migrates at a higher than expected molecular weight in SDS-PAGE. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to ORAI2 or ORAI3.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1316 - Human Ovary Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-201 - Human Ovary Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: ORAI1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ORAI1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ORAI1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ORAI1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ORAI1 Antibody: IMD9, ORAT1, CRACM1, TMEM142A, Calcium release-activated calcium channel protein 1, Protein orai-1
- Protein Accession Number: Q96D31
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 97180269
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84876
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ORAI1 Antibody: Antigen stimulation of immune cells triggers Ca++ entry through Ca++ release-activated Ca++ (CRAC) channels. ORAI1 is a recently identified four-transmembrane spanning protein that is an essential component of CRAC. A missense mutation in this protein in humans is the cause of one form of hereditary severe combined immune deficiency (SCID) which results in ablated T-cell Ca++ entry. It has been suggested that ORAI1 functions as a highly selective Ca++ plasma membrane channel that is gated through interactions with STIM1, the store-activated endoplasmic reticulum Ca++ sensor.
- 1: Lewis RS. Calcium signaling mechanisms in T lymphocytes. Annu. Rev. Immunol.2001; 19:497-521.
- 2: Feske S, Gwack Y, Prakriya M, et al. A mutation in Orai1 causes immune deficiency by abrogating CRAC channel function. Nature2006; 441:179-85.
- 3: Soboloff J, Spassova MA, Dziadek MA, et al. Calcium signals mediated by STIM and Orai proteins - a new paradigm in inter-organelle communication. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2006; 1763:1161-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4281
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin