- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This OR2W5 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 283-311 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human OR2W5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 36 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: OR2W5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Putative olfactory receptor 2W5, OR2W5, OR2W5P
- Protein Accession Number: A6NFC9
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 441932
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Olfactory receptors interact with odorant molecules in thenose, to initiate a neuronal response that triggers the perceptionof a smell. The olfactory receptor proteins are members of a largefamily of G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCR) arising from singlecoding-exon genes. Olfactory receptors share a 7-transmembranedomain structure with many neurotransmitter and hormone receptorsand are responsible for the recognition and G protein-mediatedtransduction of odorant signals. The olfactory receptor gene familyis the largest in the genome. The nomenclature assigned to theolfactory receptor genes and proteins for this organism isindependent of other organisms. This olfactory receptor gene has acoding sequence that is comparable in length to other olfactoryreceptor genes, but it should be noted that a frameshift is presentin the 3' coding region that disrupts the 7-transmembrane domainstructure in the protein. It is unclear if the protein can functionas an olfactory receptor or if an alternate function is served. Forthis reason, this gene has also been interpreted to be apseudogene.
- 1: Fuchs, T., et al. Genomics 80(3):295-302(2002)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 57-882
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin