- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (100%), Bovine: (100%), Chicken: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-op18 antibody (4235) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 20 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human op18.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of op18.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-2 μg /mL; IHC: 2.5 μg /mL; IF: 20 μg /mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 17kD
Observed: 17 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar op18 expression profile in human, mouse and rat cell lines detected by two independent anti-op18 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 4235 against C-terminus domain and 4237 against N-terminus domain. op18 proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human op18 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (149aa, 17kD) and isoform 2 (174aa, 20kD). Mouse op18 has one isoform (149aa, 17kD) and rat op18 also has one isoform (149aa, 17kD). 4235 can detect only human isoform 1and it can also detect mouse and rat op18.
- PURIFICATION: op18 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: op18 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: op18 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STMN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: op18 Antibody: Lag, SMN, OP18, PP17, PP19, PR22, LAP18, C1orf215, Stathmin, Leukemia-associated phosphoprotein p18, Op18
- Protein Accession Number: AAH82228
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 51895905
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3925
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- op18 Antibody: Op18 belongs to the stathmin family of genes and encodes a ubiquitous cytosolic phosphoprotein that may function as an intracellular relay integrating several signaling pathways such as those involved in cell proliferation and differentiation. Op18 has also been shown to be involved in the regulation of the microtubule filament system by destabilizing microtubules, thereby preventing assembly and promoting the disassembly of microtubules. More recently, op18 has been implicated as a potential target of the ASK1-p38 MAP kinase cascade, suggesting that the ASK1-p38 cascade may regulate microtubule dynamics through op18. Op18 is highly expressed in a wide variety of human malignancies, including leukemia, prostate cancer, ovarian carcinoma, and breast carcinoma, suggesting that op18 may be an ideal target for anti-cancer therapeutics.
- 1: Curmi et al. Cell Structure and Function 1999; 24:345-57.
- 2: Belmont et al. Cell 1996; 84:623-31.
- 3: Mizumura et al. J. Cell Physiol. 2006; 206:363-70.
- 4: Mistry et al. Mount Sinai J. Med. 2002; 69:299-304.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4235
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin