- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: AAIGSCSKEY RVLLGQLQKQ TDLMQDTSRL LDPYIRIQGL DVPKLREHCR ERPGAFPSEE TLRGLGRRGF LQTLNATLGC VLHRLADLEQ RLPKAQDLER SGLNIEDLEK LQMARPNILG LRNNIYCMAQ LLDNSDTAEP TKAGRGASQP PTPTPASDAF QRKLEGCRFL HGYHRFMHSV GRVFSKWGES PNRSRR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of human TF-1 cells. The expected ED50 is ≤ 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 105 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: OSM
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OSM
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5008
- Oncostatin M (OSM) is a growth and differentiation factor that participates in the regulation of neurogenesis, osteogenesis and hematopoiesis. Produced by activated T cells, monocytes and Kaposi’s sarcoma cells, OSM can exert both stimulatory and inhibitory effects on cell proliferation. It stimulates the proliferation of fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells and Kaposi’s sarcoma cells, but inhibits the growth of some normal and tumor cell lines. It also promotes cytokine release (e.g. IL-6, GM-CSF and G-CSF) from endothelial cells, and enhances the expression of low-density lipoprotein receptors in hepatoma cells. OSM shares several structural and functional characteristics with LIF, IL-6, and CNTF. Human OSM is active on murine cells. The human OSM gene encodes for a 252 amino acid polypeptide, containing 25 amino acid signal sequence for secretion and a 227 precursor protein. Proteolytic processing of this precursor removes an 18 amino acid C-terminal peptide, and generates the mature OSM form. Recombinant Human Oncostatin M (196 a.a.) is a HEK293 cell-derived, 196 amino-acid length glycoprotein that has a calculated theoretical molecular weight of 22.2 kDa, but migrates at an apparent molecular weight of 32-34 kDa by SDS-PAGE analysis under reducing conditions due to glycosylation.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-685
- Size: 2 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.