- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (85%), Bovine: (90%)
- IMMUNOGEN: OMI antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the N-terminus of human OMI.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 120 - 170 of OMI.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: OMI antibody can be used for detection of OMI by Western blot at 0.5 to 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1320 - Human Colon Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: OMI Antibody is Ion exchange chromatography purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: OMI Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: OMI antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HTRA2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OMI Antibody: OMI, PARK13, PRSS25, OMI, Serine protease HTRA2, mitochondrial, High temperature requirement protein A2, HtrA2
- Protein Accession Number: AAB94569
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5870865
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27429
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- OMI Antibody: Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAPs) were initially identified in baculoviruses as proteins that inhibit apoptosis of the host cells to allow time for viral replication. Cellular homologues containing at least one baculoviral IAP repeat (BIR) motif essential for their anti-apoptosis activity have been identified in yeasts and higher organisms and often act by binding and inhibiting processed caspases. The activity of these proteins can be modulated by the expression of proteins such as Smac/DIABLO and XAF-1 which displace or prevent the binding of caspases by IAPs. Recently, a mitochondrial serine protease termed Omi/HtrA2 has been found to bind IAPs. Similar to Smac, Omi possesses a conserved IAP-binding motif, but acts to cleave IAPs to irreversibly inactivate IAPs and promote apoptosis.
- 1: Crook NE, Clem RJ, and Miller LK. An apoptosis inhibiting baculovirus gene with a zinc finger like motif. J. Virol. 1993; 67:2168-2174.
- 2: Liston P, Fong WG, and Korneluk RG. The inhibitors of apoptosis: there is more to life than Bcl2. Oncogene 2003; 22:8568-80.
- 3: Vaux DL and Silke J. Mammalian mitochondrial IAP binding proteins. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 2003; 304:499-504.
- 4: Suzuki Y, Imai Y, Nakayama H, et al. A serine protease, HtrA2, is released from the mitochondria and interacts with XIAP, inducing cell death. Mol. Cell 2001; 8:613-21.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3319
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin