- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (83%), Mouse: (78%)
- IMMUNOGEN: OLIG1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human OLIG1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of OLIG1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: OLIG1 antibody can be used for detection of OLIG1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: OLIG1 antibody is human specific. It is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the OLIG family of proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 30 kDa
Observed: 29 kDa
- PURIFICATION: OLIG1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: OLIG1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: OLIG1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: OLIG1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OLIG1 Antibody: BHLHB6, BHLHE21, BHLHB6, Oligodendrocyte transcription factor 1, Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 6, Oligo1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_620450
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 237757328
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 116448
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The oligodendrocyte transcription factors 1 and 2 (OLIG1 and OLIG2, respectively) make up part of basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) family of transcription factors that are specifically expressed in zones of the neuroepithelium from which oligodendrocyte precursors emerge (1). Both OLIG1 and OLIG2 genes are downstream targets of Sonic hedgehog and are expressed exclusively in the central nervous system (2). OLIG1 is first expressed in the dorsal portion of the p3 progenitor domain of the ventral neural tube while OLIG2 is first observed in the ventral most p3 domain (2). OLIG1 has been shown to be a SMAD cofactor involved in cell motility induced by transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) (3).
- 1: Zhou Q, Wang S, and Anderson DJ. Identification of a novel family of oligodendrocyte lineage-specific basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors. Neuron 2000; 25:331-43.
- 2: Lu QR, Yuk D, Alberta JA, et al. Sonic Hedgehog-regulated oligodendrocyte lineage genes encoding bHLH proteins in the mammalian central nervous system. Neuron 2000; 25:317-29.
- 3: Motizuki M, Isogaya K, Miyake K, et al. Oligodendrocyte transcription factor 1 (Olig1) is a Smad cofactor involved in cell motility induced by transforming growth factor-b. J. Biol. Chem. 2013; 288:18911-22.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7741
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin