- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: OGFOD1 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human OGFOD1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of OGFOD1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: OGFOD1 antibody can be used for detection of OGFOD1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunofluorescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: OGFOD1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other TPA1 protein family members. At least two isoforms are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the larger isform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: OGFOD1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: OGFOD1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: OGFOD1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: OGFOD1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OGFOD1 Antibody: TPA1, KIAA1612, TPA1, 2-oxoglutarate and iron-dependent oxygenase domain-containing protein 1, Termination and polyadenylation 1 homolog
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060703
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 94536836
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55239
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- OGFOD1 Antibody: OGFOD1, a member of the 2-OG-Fe(II) dioxygenase family, plays an important role in ischemic survival and stress. It is an oxidoreductase containing a Prolyl 4-hydroxylase alpha subunit. An OGFOD1 iron binding residue is required for ATPAF1 gene expression. As a novel stress granule component, OGFOD1 plays important proapoptotic roles in the regulation of translation and HRI-mediated phosphorylation of eIF2alpha in cells.
- 1: Saito K, Adachi N, Koyama H et al. OGFOD1, a member of the 2-oxoglutarate and iron dependent dioxygenase family, functions in ischemic signaling. FEBS Lett. 2010; 584:3340-7.
- 2: Wehner KA, Schutz S and Sarnow P. OGFOD1, a novel modulator of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2alpha phosphorylation and the cellular response to stress. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2010; 30:2006-16.
- 3: Marina O, Hainz U, Biernacki MA, et al. Serologic markers of effective tumor immunity against chronic lymphocytic leukemia include nonmutated B-cell antigens. Cancer Res. 2010; 70:1344-55.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6177
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin