- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Mouse: (100%), Rat: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: OCIAD1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human OCIAD1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of OCIAD1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: OCIAD1 antibody can be used for detection of OCIAD1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-010 - HEK293 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: OCIAD1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: OCIAD1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: OCIAD1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: OCIAD1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OCIAD1 Antibody: OCIA, ASRIJ, TPA018, OCIA, OCIA domain-containing protein 1, Ovarian carcinoma immunoreactive antigen
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060300
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 8923427
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54940
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- OCIAD1 Antibody: OCIAD1 was identified via immunoscreening of an ovarian carcinoma cDNA library from ovarian cancer patients and is expressed in multiple tissues including ovary, placenta, brain, testis, prostate, and mammary gland. Two isoforms of OCIAD1 are known to exist; the shorter isoform is restricted to the central nervous system. OCIAD1 is a transmembrane protein whose overexpression in HEY ovarian cancer cells increased lysophosphatidic acid- (LPA-)induced, but not basal level cell adhesion to extracellular matrix proteins collagen I and laminin10/11. This adhesion is not blocked by LY294002 and GF109203X, suggesting that OCIAD1 does not use protein kinase C and PI3 kinase signaling pathways to exert its effect on adhesion.
- 1: Luo LY, Soosaipillai A, and Diamandis EP. Molecular cloning of a novel human gene on chromosome 4p11 by immunoscreening of an ovarian carcinoma cDNA library. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2001; 280:401-6.
- 2: Sengupta S, Michener CM, Escobar P, et al. Ovarian cancer immuno-reactive antigen domain containing 1 (OCIAD1), a key player in ovarian cancer cell adhesion. Gynecologic Oncol.2008; 109:226-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5461
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin