- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: OCC-1 antibody was raised against a 7 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human OCC-1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of OCC-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: OCC-1 antibody can be used for detection of OCC-1 by Western blot at 2 - 4 μg/mL. In vitro transcription and translation of the OCC-1 cDNA yields polypeptides less than 9 kDa. Despite this, OCC-1 from cell lines is detected at ~28 kDa in SDS-PAGE. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: OCC-1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: OCC-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: OCC-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C12orf75
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OCC-1 Antibody: AGD3, OCC1, OCC-1, C12orf75, Overexpressed in colon carcinoma 1 protein, AGD3
- Protein Accession Number: AAH61920
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 112180576
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 387882
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- OCC-1 Antibody: OCC-1 (Overexpressed in colon carcinoma-1) was initially identified as a novel human cDNA overexpressed in a colon carcinoma cell line. Elevated levels of OCC-1 mRNA were observed in three of eight colon carcinomas, suggesting that OCC-1 may be a hallmark of only a subset of colon carcinomas. It is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, kidney, placenta, and pancreas tissues, with low to no expression in heart, brain, lung and liver tissues. At least two different OCC-1 mRNA species are known to exist.
- 1: Pibouin L, Villaudy J, Ferbus D, et al. Cloning of the mRNA of overexpression in colon-carcinoma-1: a sequence overexpressed in a subset of colon carcinomas. Cancer Genet. Cytogenet.2002; 133:55-60.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4987
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin