- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Expected Species Reactivity based on sequence homology: Rat, Dog, Cow
- IMMUNOGEN: The immunogen for this antibody is: C-KVSNDIIQSKEDDSK
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Peptide ELISA: antibody detection limit dilution 1:4000.Western Blot:Preliminary experiments gave an approx 150 and 28kDa bands in Human and Mouse Brain lysates after 0.1ug/ml antibody staining. Please note that currently we cannot find an explanation in the literature for the band we observe given the calculated size of 93.0kDa according to NP_004531.2. Both observed bands were successfully blocked by incubation with the immunizing peptide.Immunohistochemistry:Frozen section of Olfactory bulb from transcardially PFA-perfused Mouse shows strong staining of axon bundles (right side middle, figure 1) and moderate peripheral staining outside the glomeruli (top, figure 1). NCAM2 (red) is stained complementary to VGLUT2 (blue) and NQO1 (green) in figure 2. Recommended concentration: 0.5ug/ml. Paraffin embedded Human Brain (Cortex). Recommended concentration: 3.75ug/ml.
- PURIFICATION: Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied at 0.5 mg/ml in Tris saline, 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% bovine serum albumin.Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- CONCENTRATION: 500 ug/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NCAM2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NCAM2, neural cell adhesion molecule 2, HGNC:7657, MGC51008, NCAM21, OCAM
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004531.2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 33519481
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4685
- 1: Beecken WD, Engl T, Ogbomo H, Relja B, Cinatl J, Bereiter-Hahn J, Oppermann E, Jonas D, Blaheta RA. Valproic acid modulates NCAM polysialylation and polysialyltransferase mRNA expression in human tumor cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005 Apr;5(4):757-69.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 45-990
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin