- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NUMB antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human NUMB.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of NUMB.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NUMB antibody can be used for detection of NUMB by Western blot at 0.25 - 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of NUMB are known to exist; this antibody will detect all of them.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1402 - Mouse Lung Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-101 - Human Lung Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: NUMB Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NUMB Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NUMB antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NUMB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NUMB Antibody: S171, C14orf41, c14_5527, Protein numb homolog, Protein S171, h-Numb
- Protein Accession Number: NP_1005743
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 54144625
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8650
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NUMB Antibody: NUMB, the mammalian homolog to the Drosophila asymmetric cell fate determinant NUMB, is thought to share several features molecular mechanisms in mammalian cells, generating asymmetric cell divisions during neurogenesis in vertebrate development as well as in hematopoietic stem cells. NUMB has been shown to inhibit Notch signaling, and is itself regulated by ubiquitinylation by MDM2. NUMB has also been shown to help activate the tumor suppressor p53, suggesting that loss of NUMB in cancerous cells would not only activate the potential oncogene Notch, but diminish the tumor suppressing effect of p53.
- 1: Zhong W, Feder JN, Jiang MM, et al. Asymmetric localization of a mammalian numb homolog during mouse cortical neurogenesis. Neuron 1996; 17:43-53.
- 2: Wu M, Kwon HY, Rattis F, et al. Imaging hematopoietic precursor division in real time. Cell. Stem Cell 2007; 1:541-54.
- 3: Conboy IM and Rando TA. The regulation of Notch signaling controls satellite cell activation, cell fate determination in postnatal myogenesis. Dev. Cell 2002; 3:397-409
- 4: Yogosawa S, Miyauchi Y, Honda R, et al. Mammalian Numb is a target protein of Mdm2, ubiquitin ligase. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2003; 302:869-72.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6311
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.