- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Rabbit: (100%), Chicken: (73%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Nudel antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the amino terminus of human Nudel.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of Nudel.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Nudel antibody can be used for detection of Nudel by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Nudel Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Nudel Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Nudel antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NDEL1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nudel Antibody: EOPA, NDE2, NUDEL, MITAP1, NDE1L1, EOPA, Nuclear distribution protein nudE-like 1, Mitosin-associated protein 1, Protein Nudel
- Protein Accession Number: AAF97497
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12043569
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 81565
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Nudel Antibody: Nudel was initially discovered as a protein homologous to Aspergillus NUDE and that associated with Lis1 and polyprotein complex cytoplasmic dynein, both of which have been linked to neuronal development and migration. It was later shown to be a substrate of cdk5, a kinase known to be critical during neuronal migration; phosphorylation of Nudel by cdk5 affects its localization in neurons and affects neuritic morphology. It is thought that together with Lis1, Nudel regulates cytoplasmic dynein, a large polyprotein complex, in neuronal migration and mitosis through direct interactions. Similar interactions are thought to also play a role in membrane traffic in other cells as disruption of Nudel expression through RNA interference perturbed normal endomembrane flux and resulted in the fragmentation of the Golgi apparatus.
- 1: Niethammer H, Smith DS, Ayala R, et al. NUDEL is a novel Cdk5 substrate that associates with LIS1 and cytoplasmic dynein. Neuron 2000; 28:697-711.
- 2: Liu Z, Steward R, and Luo L. Drosophila Lis1 is required for neuroblast proliferation, dendritic elaboration and axonal transport. Nat. Cell Biol. 2000; 2:776-83.
- 3: Gupta A and Tsai LH. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 and neuronal migration in the neocortex. Neurosignals 2003; 12:173-9.
- 4: Liang Y, Yu W, Li Y, et al. Nudel functions in membrane traffic mainly through association with Lis1 and cytoplasmic dynein. J. Cell Biol. 2004; 164:557-66.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3009
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin