- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Human NUCB2 (aa 25-420) is fused at the C-terminus to a His-tag.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >90% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 1EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS, pH 7.2.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Nucb2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DNA-binding Protein NEFA, Nucleobindin-2, Nesfatin
- Protein Accession Number: P81117
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17380456
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 53322
- Nucelobindin-2 (NUCB2; Nesfatin-1) was first isolated in adipocytes, but is also expressed by gastric mucosa and pancreatic beta cells. This pattern of nucleobindin-2 expression, as well as the presence of nucelobindin-2 within the plasma of rodents and humans, strongly suggests that this compound may act as a circulating regulatory factor. Nucelobindin-2 is reported to reduce food intake after administration. It is responsible for regulating appetite and production of body fat. Excess nucelobindin-2 in the brain leads to a loss of appetite, lack of nesfatin-1 in the brain leads to an increase of appetite.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-072
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.