- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (83%), Mouse: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Norrin antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human Norrin.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of Norrin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Norrin antibody can be used for detection of Norrin by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Norrin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Norrin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Norrin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NDP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Norrin Antibody: ND, EVR2, FEVR, Norrin, Norrie disease protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000257
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557789
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4693
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Norrin Antibody: Norrie disease is an X-linked genetic disorder characterized by progressive atrophy of the eyes, mental disturbances and deafness. The gene responsible for this disease was initially identified through positional cloning. Norrin, the gene product, encodes a small secreted, cysteine-rich protein that is thought to act as a ligand for the Wnt-receptor/beta-catenin signal pathway despite having sequence homology with the Wnt family of proteins. Mice lacking this gene have abnormal blood vessel growth in the vitreous and a disorganized retina; transgenic ectopic expression of Norrin restores normal retinal vasculature. Recent evidence shows that Norrin can attenuate tPA and uPA-mediated death of transformed rat retinal ganglion cells (RGC-5) by activating the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway and regulating the phosphorylation of LRP-1, a cell surface receptor for tPA and uPA, suggesting the Norrin may function in vivo by regulating kinases which may alter the phosphorylation of LRP-1.
- 1: Bergen W, Meindl A, van de Pol TJ, et al. Isolation of a candidate gene for Norrie disease by positional cloning. Nat. Genet.1992; 1:199-203.
- 2: Meitinger T, Meindl A, Bork P, et al. Molecular modelling of the Norrie disease protein predicts a cysteine knot growth factor tertiary structure. Nat. Genet.1993; 5:376-80.
- 3: Xu Q, Wang Y, Dabdoub A, et al. Vascular development in the retina and inner ear: control by Norrin and Frizzled-4, a high-affinity ligand-receptor pair. Cell2004; 116:883-95.
- 4: Ohlmann A, Scholz M, Goldwich A, et al. Ectopic norrin induces growth of ocular capillaries and restores normal retinal angiogenesis. J. Neurosci.2005; 25:1701-10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5119
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin