- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NogoA antibody was raised against a 23 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human NogoA.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of NogoA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NogoA antibody can be used for detection of NogoA by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Despite its predicted molecular weight, NogoA typically migrates at 180 kDa in an SDS-PAGE. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least five isoforms of Nogo are known to exist; this antibody is specific for NogoA.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: NogoA Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NogoA Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NogoA antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RTN4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NogoA Antibody: ASY, NSP, NOGO, NOGOC, RTN-X, NOGO-A, NSP-CL, Nogo-B, Nogo-C, RTN4-A, RTN4-C, RTN4-B1, RTN4-B2, NI220/250, Nbla00271, Nbla10545, KIAA0886, My043, SP1507, Reticulon-4, Foocen, Nogo protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065393
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 24431935
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57142
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NogoA Antibody: NogoA is a member of a family of integral membrane proteins termed reticulons that are thought to be involved in numerous disorders including neurodegenerative diseases. Reticulon proteins are known to regulate many cellular processes and interact with multiple proteins and receptors such as BACE. NogoA was initially identified as a myelin-associated neurite outgrowth inhibitor. It is highly expressed in oligodendrocytes in the white matter of the CNS; blocking its activity with antibodies or other factors results in improved axon regrowth and functional recovery in experimental CNS lesion models. NogoA has also been suggested to play a role in neurodegenerative diseases such as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, in which case NogoA is found at elevated levels in postmortem muscular samples, and multiple sclerosis (MS), in which case autoantibodies to NogoA have been found in serum and cerebrospinal fluid in MS patients.
- 1: Yan R, ShiQ, Hu X, et al. Reticulon proteins: emerging players in neurodegenerative diseases. Cell. Mol. Life Sci.2006; 63:877-889.
- 2: Chen MS, Huber AB, van der Haar ME, et al. Nogo-A is a myelin-associated neurite outgrowth inhibitor and an antigen for monoclonal antibody IN-1. Nature2000; 403:434-9.
- 3: Schweigreiter R and Bandtlow CE. Nogo in the injured spinal cord. J. Neurotrauma2006; 3-4:384-96.
- 4: Dupuis L, Gonzalez de Aguilar JL, di Scala F, et al. Nogo provides a molecular marker for diagnosis of amyloid lateral sclerosis. Neurobiol. Dis.2002; 10:358-65.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4087
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.