- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MQHYLHIRPA PSDNLPLVDL IEHPDPIFDP KEKDLNETLL RSLLGGHYDP GFMATSPPED RPGGGGGPAG GAEDLAELDQ LLRQRPSGAM PSEIKGLEFS EGLAQGKKQR LSKKLRRKLQ MWLWSQTFCP VLYAWNDLGS RFWPRYVKVG SCFSKRSCSV PEGMVCKPSK SVHLTVLRWR CQRRGGQRCG WIPIQYPIIS ECKCSC
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to inhibit 5.0 ng/ml of BMP-4 induced alkaline phosphatase production by ATDC5 chondrogenic cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0-2.0 ng/ml of Noggin.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Nog
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: None
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 18121
- Noggin belongs to a group of diffusible proteins that bind to ligands of the TGF-β family, and regulate their activity by inhibiting their access to signaling receptors. Noggin was originally identified as a BMP-4 antagonist whose action was critical for proper formation of the head and other dorsal structures. Consequently, noggin has been shown to modulate the activities of other BMPs including BMP-2,-7,-13, and -14. Targeted deletion of noggin in mice results in prenatal death, and a recessive phenotype displaying a severely malformed skeletal system. Conversely, transgenic mice over-expressing noggin in mature osteoblasts display impaired osteoblastic differentiation, reduced bone formation, and severe osteoporosis. Recombinant Murine Noggin is a 46.4 kDa disulfide-linked homodimer consisting of two 206 amino acid polypeptide chains.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-747
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $205.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin