- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NOD5 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human NOD5.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 70 - 120 of NOD5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NOD5 antibody can be used for detection of NOD5 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1466 - Rat Spleen Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: NOD5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NOD5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NOD5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NLRX1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NOD5 Antibody: NOD5, NOD9, NOD26, DLNB26, CLR11.3, NOD5, NLR family member X1, Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain protein 26
- Protein Accession Number: NP_078894
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 25777608
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79671
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NOD5 Antibody: NOD5, also known as NLRX1, is a member of the NOD (nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain) family, a group of proteins that are involved in innate immune defense. NOD5 localizes to the mitochondrial outer membrane and interacts with the virus-induced signaling adapter protein VISA. Unlike a subset of NOD-like receptors (NLRs) such as NOD1 and NOD2 which trigger pro-inflammatory cascades, and other NLRs that induce the caspase 1 inflammasome in response to immune challenges, NOD5 amplifies NF-κB and JNK pathways by inducing reactive oxygen species production.
- 1: Kufer TA, Banks DJ, and Philpott DJ. Innate immune sensing of microbes by Nod proteins. Ann. NY Acad. Sci.2006; 1072:19-27.
- 2: Moore CB, Bergstralh DT, Duncan JA, et al. NLRX1 is a regulator of mitochondrial antiviral immunity. Nature2008; 451:573-7.
- 3: Tattoli I, Carneiro LA, Jehanno M, et al. NLRX1 is a mitochondrial NOD-like receptor that amplifies NF-kB and JNK pathways by inducing reactive oxygen species. EMBO Reports2008; 9:293-300.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5953
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin