- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This NMT2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 16-46 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human NMT2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 57 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NMT2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Glycylpeptide N-tetradecanoyltransferase 2, Myristoyl-CoA:protein N-myristoyltransferase 2, NMT 2, Peptide N-myristoyltransferase 2, Type II N-myristoyltransferase, NMT2
- Protein Accession Number: O60551
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9397
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- N-myristoyltransferase (NMT) catalyzes the reaction of N-terminal myristoylation of many signaling proteins. It transfers myristic acid from myristoyl coenzyme A to the amino group of a protein's N-terminal glycine residue. Biochemical evidence indicates the presence of several distinct NMTs, varying in apparent molecular weight and /or subcellular distribution. The predicted 498-amino acid of human NMT2 protein shares 77% and 96% sequence identity with human NMT1 and mouse Nmt2 comprise two distinct families of N-myristoyltransferases.
- 1: Lindwasser, O.W., et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99(20):13037-13042 (2002).
- 2: Kolluri, S.K., et al., Cancer Res. 61(23):8534-8539 (2001).
- 3: Shiraishi, T., et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 282(5):1201-1205 (2001).
- 4: Ono, A., et al., J. Virol. 73(5):4136-4144 (1999).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-410
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin