- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NMDAR1 (phospho Ser890) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around phosphorylation site of Serine 890 (A-S-S (p)-F-K) derived from Human NMDAR1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC
- SPECIFICITY: The antibody detects endogenous levels of NMDAR1 only when phosphorylated at serine 890.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 120 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GRIN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GLURZ1, GRIN1, NMD-R1, NMDZ1, NMZ1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_015566.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 11496971
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2902
- NMDA receptors are members of the ionotropic class of glutamate receptors, which also includes Kainate and AMPA receptors. NMDA receptors consist of NR1 subunits combined with one or more NR2 (A-D) or NR3 (A-B) subunits. The ligand-gated channel is permeable to cations including Ca2+, and at resting membrane potentials NMDA receptors are inactive due to a voltage-dependent blockade of the channel pore by Mg2+. NMDA receptor activation, which requires binding of glutamate and glycine, leads to an influx of Ca2+ into the postsynaptic region where it activates several signaling cascades, including pathways leading to the induction of long-term potentiation (LTP) and depression (LTD). NMDA receptors have a critical role in excitatory synaptic transmission and plasticity in the CNS. They govern a range of physiological conditions including neurological disorders caused by excitotoxic neuronal injury, psychiatric disorders and neuropathic pain syndromes.
- 1: Guang Bai, J. Biol. Chem., Jan 1998; 273: 1086.
- 2: Guang Bai, J. Biol. Chem., Mar 1995; 270: 7737.
- 3: Mai T. Dang, PNAS, Oct 2006; 103: 15254 - 15259.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-798
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin